One of the really helpful colour conversion charts I use - linky.
Here’s my process with a mix of Vallejo and Citadel and in some places listing both:
Original intention was to base with black but going to try out grey on Cals advice as well as black and see which shades of the white and purple I prefer.
Process taken from this video.
- Naggaroth night/Hexed Lichen - colour base
- Xereus Purple/Royal purple - first highlight/dry brush
- Druchii violet wash
- Xereis purple/Royal purple highlight/dry brush
Process taken from this video althought I’m cutting a bunch of his steps.
- Bonewhite - colour base
- Sepia wash (I love Sepia wash!!!)
- Bone white highlught/dry brush
Process taken from this article.
- Balthasar Gold/Hammerhead Copper - first colour base
- Gehenna’s Gold/Glorius gold - second colour base (keep it out of the crevices)
- Auric Armour Gold/ Polished gold - third colour base (very thin layer over previous layer)
- Agrax Earthshade/ Umber wash
- Golden Griffon light highlight/dry brush
Going for ‘blued silver’ here - can’t find the post.
- Shining Silver - colour base
- Guilliman Blue + Drakenhof Nightshade 1:1 - double wash with drying time in between
- Shining Silver highlight/drybrush