Player Unknown's BattleGrounds (aka PUBG)

I don’t think it can be done - no matter how optimised. You’d have to run a 30-50ms ping limit… and that isn’t going to happen.

one of the reports I have found

“We see PUBG as an endlessly evolving online product. It’s not like we have a clear roadmap with 2.0 and 3.0. The current version, I want to say it’s flawless, but it still needs to be polished and enhanced. That will be our primary goal: polishing the current experience to provide the best game.

“Secondly, we want to enhance the competitive side of the game. We want to make sure the gameplay can be more competitive and enjoyable for players. We will spend the entire year focusing on those two goals.”

if custom games will let you set a ping limit and they open them up to users rather than just partners then that could work, but as they’re currently providing all the hosting they’ve got some decisions to make on what they’ll provide/let others run.

Pretty sure that rent-a-server is not available at the moment - only youtubers have them like StoneMountain64

If you have enough followers etc you can get in to the partner program aka they will provide you with custom server access.

Test Server Patch

PUBG PC Test Server Patch Notes
World

Miramar improvements
Added more buildings and cover across the map to improve the engagement experience
Added more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation
Upgraded the item spawn level of certain areas for loot balancing (some areas will spawn better loot)
Replay

The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
Bug fixes

Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater
Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain areas on Miramar
Fixed the issue where wall textures on some Miramar buildings were not displaying correctly
Fixed the issue where certain buildings near by Hacienda del Patron were not displaying correctly

They are blocking reshade and that is a good thing as people are abusing it:

i honestly thought everything with multiplayer blocked reshade by default, except GTA of course (because rockstar don’t give a shit). I’d hate to see reshade labelled a cheating utility in the way bittorrent is a ‘copyright infringement utility’, but that’s filthy.

I was using reshade a while back on this. At that time it did not have a zoom on it. It is against the terms of service for PUBG. Now with the new Anticheat it is going to be blocked and that is a good thing since people are using things like the zoom on it. I can change the saturation etc with the new AMD driver so I don’t actually need reshade anymore.

New update to Live out now…

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds received a test patch on PC yesterday, and the patch is already leaving test servers to become available for everyone.

PUBG Corp has announced that the patch hits live PC servers later today/early morning tomorrow. It goes live at 6pm PT, 9pm ET today, which is 2am UK on February 1.

Possible quick guide to look at when Servers are down

Starting to get a bit fed up of this now, been playing most of the afternoon and I’ve encountered numerous hackers, and about 11000 shotguns on loot drops. I don’t know what they’ve done to the game in the latest update, but I’m finding it now virtually impossible to find any decent loot in areas that aren’t huge populated areas where I know I’m going to die the second I see someone, my system isn’t strong enough to land in the bust areas so I drop to 20fps.

Just getting exhausted with it now. I mean, I love it when it gets tense and down to the final circle with only 10 people left, but I have to spend the first 20 minutes running around to every building I can see just to find something that isn’t clothing, a shotgun or a fucking pistol.

Anti-Cheat measure delayed

As announced earlier, this update is expected to add a new anti-cheat feature that will “block different helper programs that alter the graphics or aid in gameplay in some way.” One popular piece of software that will be blocked with this update is ReShade. You won’t face a band if ReShade is detected on your system, but if you won’t be able to play PUBG so long as it’s installed. You have to uninstall ReShade, along with any other prohibited program, before getting back rights to play PUBG.

@mars - I have stepped away for a bit from the game so I can enjoy other games. I plan to go back in the coming weeks; if you are still around for games then I will be about. I think you may have hit a saturation point; step back for a week or so and then see it through fresh eyes.

Very ambitious design and a great diorama

Seems legit

This was happening on the other start island as well. It is a bug on the map, since fixed. Run at the correct spot and you fly in to the air. There were other places as well but I think they were fixed as well.

Phew! thought i’d hop on for a couple of solo rounds. first one ended quickly in mayhem. second one ended in chicken dinner :smiley: turns out if you hang in the final circle long enough it REMOVES THE CIRCLE ENTIRELY. the blue circle collapses to nothing. I took a red bull and waited, he dashed for the center. Nerves are fried now.

had a game finish in one of the apartments in Yasnaya, me and my squadmate were on one floor, another duo on the floor above us, and someone beneath us.

Circle disappeared, so i used a medkit about 5 secs before it came in, brought me back to full health and won us the game!

tense though!

PUBG goes mobile in China

Hacker caught on PUBG as a 3 man squad forgot to switch off match making

That’s disgusting how could you enjoy that? What’s the enjoyment factor?