Eastern based games - for fucking PC

I was kinda suprised by the upcoming games this year - for PC - based on animes, or in case of Sword Art Online, a huge gamig franchise which are usually only released in the east.

First one is Sword Art Online:Fatal Bullet, I’m cautious about this one as I just found it. It seems to be MMORPG, pretty big franchise to be honest but mainly released in Japan.

Naruto shippuden ultimate Ninja Storm 4 flew kinda under my radar and even now that I know of it I’m midly impressed, still wouldn’buy it. Its a 4 year old game following the Shippuden story line pretty closely. If you see it cheap on Steam you might wanna try it out if you are/were a fan of the series.

Dragon Ball Fighterz is my dream come true. I played a very old local game with sprites, which was fan made. It was kinda nice and had a huge roster, but when I saw this announced last year, it blew me away. The incooperation of the feel of the anime within a very solid, but easy to learn fighter game is absolutely fantastic.

I hope the PC port will be good, as the beta footage from PS4 and XBOX looks very promising. Its also announced for Switch later this year. I started watching DB Super as well as lots of the characters roster is based on it, kinda like it. Release is next week, probably going to dissaepear for a while at that point :smiley: .

Lost Ark is something I follow closely for over 4 years now. Information are sparse as its from a Korean developer. I wasn’t lucky enough yet to get into the CBT’s. Its a mixture of an MMO with action RPGs like Diablo. It features instances as well as an open world, incl typical MMO stuff like crafting and more unsual thing like exploring the world by ship. The relase date shifted over the years quite a lot, I hope it finally comes out this year.

The problem is I don’t know if its released in the west too, it was mentioned a few years back but up to now there was no update on it. If they do, probably 1-2 years later after the Asian release.

Monster Hunter World probably doesn’t need to be mentioned but why not. PC release was shifted to September/October for some shady reasons, but hey at least we finaly get one for PC.

It’s a trend that’s kicked off since Dark Souls did so well. Porting earlier gen console games onto PC has been a relatively inexpensive affair and they’ve sold shit loads. I’m not surprised that eastern developers are starting to think there’s a potential market over here.

Hasn’t Final Fantasy XII been announced for PC recently? That RPG was amazing back on PS2. Would love to fall into that again.

Most of them are new games, beside Naruto. But I’m sure you are right, the interest has probably something to do with recent successes of Dark Souls but also Nier:Automata or maybe the popularity of Monster Hunter. It was a matter of time till they started considering other platforms or just the western market too.

For consoles there are even more games coming out this year, some a bit questionable but still an interesting trend.

Yes FF XII was annopunced, release around February I think.

Just found out One Piece gets a game too, for PC as well. It looks like an open world adventure game.